SPA Aqua Prima is seeking innovative ideas that support renewable energy integration into health and wellness facilities, such as spas, saunas and pools; specifically, we are seeking the use of waste heat and waste steam (i.e., from existing power plants), biomass heating and solar thermal solutions.
Health and wellness and aquatic facilities are energy and water intensive operations and places, yet are essential in any sustainable community. SPA Aqua Prima is seeking solutions to develop eco-tourism destinations that optimize waste heat and waste steam from power plants, biomass heating and solar thermal solutions (i.e., to net zero or carbon negative standards).
SPA Aqua Prima has identified a potential site, near the District Energy Centre in the East Village of Calgary, Alberta for a pilot urban eco-resort development.
- SPA Aqua Prima is seeking solutions for renewable energy integration. Such solutions include, but are not limited to, converted waste heat and waste steam from power plants, biomass heating and solar thermal solutions.
- SPA Aqua Prima is targeting companies with solutions that land between TRL 6-9 of the technology readiness scale (TRL), although it will consider low TRL solutions on a demonstration basis if they are especially novel.
- Proponents must explain how their solutions meets safety and regulatory standards and provide a description of successful deployments where applicable.
- Provide CAPEX and OPEX details for the solution.
- If applicable, proponents should explain impact, real-world reliability and previous customer and successful installation experience.
- Pilot your technology as part of SPA Aqua Prima’s first renewable energy-run ecotourism development.
- Pitch your solution during GLOBE Forum 2022, North America’s longest running sustainable business conference.
About SPA Aqua Prima:
Based in Southwest Calgary, Alberta, SPA Aqua Prima is an aquatic manual therapy pool and clinic, and an atelier for “Blue Green” sustainable infrastructures.
***Only non-confidential information should be included in your response ***