Meetings and events can be carbon intensive and generate a considerable amount of waste, everything from food service to signage. In order to reduce their impact, planners and hosts need to be able to source sustainable products and materials. Celebrate Niagara is seeking event supplies – including lanyards, name tags – sourced from sustainable materials.
Currently destinations compete for event business on a variety of factors, but responsible waste management strategies are not one of these factors for most event requests for proposals. Events can generate a large amount of single-use plastic waste – from food service items to swag. Sourcing event supplies that are produced from sustainable materials can be difficult to do, given the supply chain and cost implications. Adopting circular practices will help mitigate the footprint of the event management sector.
- Solution must reduce or eliminate the use of single-use plastic for event materials (e.g., upcycling or the use of compostable materials)
- Cost competitive solution
- If selected, your solution could be used at Celebrate Niagara events and promoted to other municipalities.
- Pitch your solution during GLOBE Forum 2022, North America’s longest-running sustainable business conference.
- Meet new customers and access new markets.
About Celebrate Niagara:
Celebrate Niagara is a destination management and events company based in the Niagara region.
***Only non-confidential information should be included in your response ***